Customer had three big problems:
- Their 800 ton press went down requiring major repair
- Broken Press was running a die that needed an implementation of an engineering change.
- The large automotive supplier had no way of building a parts bank to allow for machine and die repair time.
There was no doubt, a threat of shutting down an assembly plant was imminent.
Vicount was able to bring the die in house to implement the engineering changes WHILE continuing parts production. Both parts production and engineering change were performed in a shortened time frame while the large automotive supplier was able to repair their 800 ton press.
- Saved customer from shutting down a production line & incurring fines
- Vicount ran over 100,000 parts to continue production
- Performed eningeering change and made die repairs which improved part quality and eliminated a costly deburring operation